- No Comments
BRIEF TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION OF STRETCH MACHINE
List of Contents
1) Stretch Machine Production process Overview
2) Autmnatic Six (6) Arm Loader
3) Disc Take-out
7) Gob Change and Set-up Time
8) Stem Heating System
9) Stein Cooling Syste1n
10) Moil Heating System
11) Twisted Mechanism
12) Finished Article Ditnension
15) Recommended Spare Parts
16) Service Requirements at the Production Facility
17) Other Requiretnents at the Production Facility
18) Production Change Time From the Stretching Process to the Normal Process
36 – Spindle Stretch Machine
Technical and Operational Specifications
The Stretch Machine is a durable 36-Spindle, continuously rotating turret type glassware stretching
machine. Motor and Drive should be supplied by the glass manufacturer.
The 36-Spindle Stretch machine has one six (6) Arm Automatic Loader and one Disk Take-out.
1) Stretch Machine Production Process Overview (Figure 1-A, 1-B)
A. Footedware produced on the Press & Blow machine is loaded into the Stretch machine.
B. The Footedware is heated and stretched to the desired Stem length while producing the desired Article profile by means of the automatic stretching process.
C. The stretched Article is loaded off the Stretch machine and transferred to a Burnoff machine for removing the Moil.
D. Articles are removed from the Burnoff Machine and transferred to a glazing machine (preferred method ) or directly to the Annealing ehr.
2) Automatic Six (Figure 1-C)
Loader designed to pick-up footedware from the forming machine conveyor, invert footedware and
lqad them into the stretch machine bowl holders. The loader includes one set of quick change tongs &
tong inserts. The loader-stretch machine drive shaft includes.a timing flange for synchronisation.
3) Disc Take-out (Figure 1-C)
The disc take-out transfers stemware from the stretch machine to the loader of the Burnoff machine. It is mechanically driven from the Stretch Machine drive.
4) Up-Head (Figure 2-B)
Mechanical up-head holding the article from the moil and down-head holding the article from the
stem plate and the spindles on which both up and down-heads are installed, rotate with the help of
5) Down-Head (Figure 2-B)
Vacuum type down-head is used to obtain better quality article stem plate, instead of mechanical type down-head because of the undesired marks caused by the mechanical down-head jaws on the article stem plate.
The 36-Spindle Stretch Machine operates in clock-wise direction during production.
7) Gob Change and Set-up Time (Mould Change)
The time required for all the necessary adjustments and set-up including the mould change is foreseen as fifteen (15) minutes.
8) Stem Heating System (Figure 2-A, 2-B)
The stem area of footedware must be softened with the help of homogenous heating for the stretching process.
The 36-Spindle Stretch Machine comes with mechanically adjustable stem heating burners on X-Y axis and burning system with six (6) oxygen and gas burners, gas panel (regulators, mixers, flash back valves, needle valves, manometers) to perform the heating process.
9) Stem Cooling System (Figure 3-A, 3-B)
To maintain the form of the article that is being stretched, there is one (1) cooler carrying mechanism moveable in two directions and four (4) air flow adjustable compressor air collectors.
There are manometers on the collectors to show the air entry and exit pressures and.
the airflow of each collector.
10) Moil Heating System (Figure 4)
The moil of the article must be heated during the cooling process in order not to have a crack.
Gas and air bmners are installed on the cooling system for moil heating.
11) Twisted Mechanism (Figure 5)
It is necessary to obtain a mechanical print on the stem of footedware at the heating zone before stretching.
A twisted mechanism, which is driven by the main machine, is used for obtaining the mechanical prints automatically on the stem of footedware.
12) Finished Article Dimensions (Ware range)
Height of the article :85 -265 mm
Diameter of the article: 25- 127min (as Press & Blow input)
Maximum Stem Height: 100 mm
Production Rates : 40-100 pes I minute
Production speed will match the output of a
12 or 18 Section Press & Blow Machine
Stretch Machine Height :3,400 mm
Approximate Weight : 13,000 kg
15) Recommended Spare Parts
Stretch Cam: 2 pieces
Up-Head: 4 pieces
Down-Head: 4 pieces
Spindle: 3 pieces
Automatic Loader Arm: 3 pieces
Burner: 5 pieces
16) Service Req irements at the Production Facility
-Gas : 500-1000 BTU/ft3 (4450-8900 Kcal/m3)
-Oxygen : 1500ft3/hr (42.4m3/hr)
– Compressed air : Compressed air regulator must have a minimum capacity of 2000ft3/hr
at 20PSI (42.4m3/hr)
-Vacuum air : P=450mm Hg, 500m3/hr
17) Other Requirements at the Production Facility
– Annealing Lehr : 2200mm (width)
4 heating zones, 3 cooling zones (length)
18) Set-up Time From Stretched Stemware to Normal Tumbler (Figure 1-D)
The total required set-up time to make the necessary arrangements from stretched stemware to normal
tumbler production is foreseen as 4-5 hours. The production line layout can be seen in Figure 1-D.
The time split for necessary arrangements are as follows:
1) The stretch machine loader arms are removed (“”‘ Y2 hoursj.
2) The conveyor part maintained ready beforehand is added to the machine conveyor (“”‘1 hour).
3) B.O.M. is rotated around its axis approximately 45° so that the B.O.M. loader is positioned as
being tangent to the machine conveyor. In this way, the production line becomes ready to start
normal tumbler production (“”‘3 hours).